Welcome to Perry Park Kids Water World, where kids can learn about water, how we use it everyday, how to be resourceful with water and have fun while learning. Have FUN!
Click on the Duck to Learn your Water Footprint
Brought to you by: http://wateruseitwisely.com
Did you know….
- 75 % of the earth is covered with water.
- 97 % of earth’s water is in the oceans. Only 3 % of the earth’s water can be used as drinking water. 75 % of the world’s fresh water is frozen in the polar ice caps.
- Although a person can live without food for more than a month, a person can only live without water for approximately one week.
- The average person in the United States uses 80 to 100 gallons of water each day. During medieval times a person used only 5 gallons per day.
- It takes 2 gallons to brush your teeth, 2 to 7 gallons to flush a toilet, and 25 to 50 gallons to take a shower.
- It takes about 1 gallon of water to process a quarter pound of hamburger.
- It takes 2,072 gallons of water to make four new tires.
- Sources of water pollution include: oil spills, fertilizer and agricultural run-off, sewage, stormwater, and industrial wastes.
- One gallon of water is equal to 3.785 liters of water.
- One cubic foot of water is equal to 7.48 gallons of water.
- Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit or 100 degrees Celsius.
- Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius.